The magenta sites on the Campground Map are designated as “Seasonal Sites.”
Certain prerequisites apply to our seasonal campers:
- The camping unit must be newer than 10 years old
- Only use a uniform storage shed outlined in our contract
- In any way can your campsite be considered a residence
- Most of the Seasonal Sites are equipped with 50 amp electric service, 20 are equipped with 30 amp electric service, and all have metered electric.
- The rate for a seasonal site (May 1st – Oct 1st) is $2795.00 including winter storage on your site, plus your metered electric bill. We charge exactly what our utility charges us, typical bills run about $30/month and are billed in May, August, and November.
- Your pre-paid agreement runs from May 1st through April 30th the following year.
- Seasonal campers receive all of the amenities available to the weekend campers, and camp by the same rules, including the visitor registration requirements. A seasonal site is expected to be only used by the persons listed on the site agreement. If a party other than the seasonal camper is using a site, that party must register and pay a regular camping fee as described in the Price Rates page.
- Due to the location of Happy Acres, and the absence of a municipal sewer system, there are no sewer hook-ups available. The truth is that every drop of wastewater must be stored, then hauled out by truck to nearby wastewater treatment plants. To manage your wastewater, we install a transfer tank required for all seasonal campsites. All seasonal campers pay a $390.00 security deposit for a transfer tank. This is refundable, less a $10.00/year usage charge, when you terminate your agreement. We purchase and install the 300 gallon tanks. As long as your site is in good standing, you will receive 3 free pump-outs.Otherwise, we charge $35.00 for each pump-out. No portable tanks will be necessary.
- If you think you may be interested in a seasonal campsite, please call and make an appointment with our management staff to choose which site you’d prefer.
- Then be ready to join us in the season opening “Seasonal Welcome Back Dinner” under the Big Top. Bring a dish if you like, but the “main course” is on us!
Contact us at 262-857-7373 for more information.